Better and Worse

Hopefully Better
So what do yout think about the new template? I hope it loads okay. Sometimes the background graphics on the old one would stall a bit on me which I found annoying. I'm still tinkering with this template a little, but then again I love to tinker. My blogroll disappeared when I switched over for reasons I don't understand and the info at the bottom of each post is in a tiny font that needs to be changed, etc... But it will get there eventually. (And by then I'll be sick of this design and want a new one!)

Unfortunately Worse
On the rash front, it's been looking worse since I posted those pictures of him. So yesterday I took him to the doctor. We've been there so many times that I know the nurse by name (Hi, Melissa!) Anyway, E. has (drumroll please)...impetigo! It probably started as a rash from his drooling/penicillin allergy but now it's infected. So he has to be on oral antibiotics again, which I was a little upset about. I just feel badly that he's been on antibiotics almost every month. I asked the doctor if a topical antibiotic would work, and he said that it wouldn't be very effective. So now E.'s on cefinir. When I picked up the prescription, the pharmacist told me that cefinir is 8% related to penicillin and so to watch E. for an allergic reaction. Isn't there some antibiotic that is 0% related to penicillin that they could prescribed?

I whine a lot, but I know that many many kids have much more serious health problems. I'm very grateful that in general E. is a very healthy baby. But with all that said, these minor things one after another wear me out a little.

Labels: ,