Let's not do anything rash

E.'s been having a little bit of a tough time this week, but I'm not sure why. He's been very tired, but will only take short naps. And last night he woke up crying at 3am, which is very unusual. After I got him back to sleep, he work up again at 6am and would NOT be consoled. The only thing that worked was swaddling him and letting him sleep in his swing. So I did that and slept on the couch next to him.

And the rash! Ever since his allergic reaction to the antibiotics, he's had a rash on his face that won't go away. The nurse said that it was because of his frequent drooling and to put some hydrocortisone cream on his chin, which I've been doing but it hasn't helped that much. To top it off, E. has started rubbing his eyes with gusto whenever he's tired, which is quite often. It's painful to watch because he basically claws at his eyes, pumping his hands open and closed. I swaddle him when I put him to bed so he can't scratch at his eyes.

Even though he's not feeling well, he still tries hard to be cheerful. It's cute in a pitiful sort of way.


Does anyone have any tips about how to end the rash or the eye rubbing?

Labels: , ,