The weight, I am watching it!

So I joined Weight Watchers a couple of weeks ago. Yep, I finally took the plunge. It was time to get serious about eating better and exercising. It was hard because I had grown accustomed to eating treats more often than was, um, prudent. It was hard: first I had the excuse of being pregnant and then the even better excuse of having just had a baby. Also, this wonderful bakery opened near my house. It's SO good! Yeah, for a while I was going a couple of times a week for lunch (and the chocolate peanut butter cheesecake or a cupcake). Some of the staff even know me by name (hi, Katy).

So yeah, it was time to do something. My first goal is to lose 19 pounds. The first week I lost 5.4 lbs., 1.4 lbs. the second week, and 1.2 lbs. this last week. It's been going pretty well, although I have to admit that I've been slacking off on writing down everything I eat. But I am eating better (I miss you, Katy!) and I'm exercising 3 or 4 times a week. Of course I'm looking foward to being thinner, but I also want to be in better shape and have more energy to do things and run around with E.

I'm just trying to keep motivated and be positive about it.

Labels: