Jewelry Boxes: Update 5

I made some nice progress at woodworking last week. The lids were taken out of the clamps and turned out okay. There were a few small gaps where the mitered edges had slipped a bit in the clamps but I don't think they're that noticeable.

The three lids, waiting to be sanded.

A close-up of the lacewood and curly maple lid.

Next I cut stock to size for the sliding trays inside the jewelry boxes. I used the table saw to cut dadoes for the tray dividers and rabbits on the sides.

How the tray will look (plus dividers and a bottom).

This Wednesday I'll cut wood down to size to make tray dividers, glue the trays together, and sand the lids down.

Just three more classes left! (Yikes!)

Labels: ,