Woodworking Fall 09: Weeks 1 and 2

Last night was the second week of woodworking. I didn't post about week 1 yet so I thought I'd post pictures from both weeks today. I hadn't quite figured out how to fix my jewelry boxes so for the first two weeks I worked on cutting boards.

The lumber: (from left to right) walnut, cherry, and maple.

I cut the wood into strips of varying widths.

And glued the strips together.

Then last night I sanded the panel smooth and then cut it into strips.

I flipped every other strip around (to make the pattern) and then glued them all together.

These cutting boards are kind of addictive. There's a lot of saw work and sanding involved but I think they're really fun to make. I had some leftover wood and so I started another one.

Steven tagged along with me to class the last two weeks. I thought he might be bored but he wanted to go again last night so it must have been kind of fun for him.


Labels: , ,