Bee-Bim Bop!

Before we put E to bed we read to him at night. He picks out a book and then sidles up to where I'm sitting, clutching it to his chest, and ask "Up, please!" Sitting in the rocking chair with him on my lap and his head resting against my cheek reading books is one of the highlights of my day.

Bee-Bim Bop! by Newbery-award winner Linda Sue Park is one of E's current favorite. It is a great little picture book. The story follows a little girl and her mother as they bustle about preparing a Korean dish, bibimbap, for dinner.

The rhymes are pretty catchy; enough so that E can easily follow along. And the illustrations are cute. And there's even a recipe for bibimbap in the back of the book. (I haven't tried it out yet, though. When I make it I use my family's recipe.)

It's a great book to read with little kids, especially if they're interested in different types of food or have Korean heritage.

Labels: ,