My First Quilt: Update 3

During these last few weeks we had a lot going on and so I took a break from working on my quilt but after a while I felt the itch to work on it again. So out came my sewing machine and supplies to take over the kitchen table again.

I sewed all of my squares into strips and then pressed the seams open. This step took a lot more time than I thought it would would. (All those little seams!)

Then I took the strips and started sewing them to each other, trying (and often failing) to match up all the short seams.


And then I had a finished quilt top! I'm being a bit of a tease and saving the picture of the completed top for my next post. But I really like this picture of the back because of the texture and because it's satisfying to look at All Those Seams after I spent so much time on them.


Now I just need to pick out a fabric for the back. I am really stumped on what color to use. I love the look of gray mixed with bright colors in this quilt and was thinking about using a gray back but now I don't know.

What do you think? Would gray look good or would a brighter print be better?


Labels: ,