Literally my first time at the rodeo

We have family from Korea in town visiting for the summer and I've been racking my brain trying to think of typical "American" things they would enjoy.  Every year our town puts on a rodeo and I thought it doesn't get much more "American" than that so last night E and I took them.

I haven't taken a lot of photos with my dSLR lately but I took with me and it was fun to take some photos.   






I think that last photo might be my favorite.

I thought for sure that 5-year-old E would be captivated by the exciting events but he was much more interested in following the rodeo clowns' (somewhat dirty) banter. What can I say?  The kid loves jokes.

Even though I grew up in Washington state and have lived in Utah for 10+ years I hadn't seen this side of the American West before in real life. I did feel a bit out of place (our group of Koreans was a little conspicuous) but over all it was interesting and fun.   

The Lehi Roundup continues tonight and tomorrow if you want to check it out. 

How about you--have you ever been to a rodeo before? Would you want to go to one? 

Labels: , ,