The Color Block Quilt


So I haven't made much progress on cleaning out my it-could-be-featured-on-Hoarders basement this summer but I did just finish sewing another baby quilt.  Because you know, PRIORITIES.

This is "The Color Block Quilt" from Allison Harris' book Growing Up Modern: 16 Quilt Projects for Babies & Kids. Allison runs the blog Cluck Cluck Sew which I really enjoy so I knew her book would be good (and it is!) 


I made this quilt for my good friend Kristin; her and her husband recently finalized their adoption of a sweet baby boy named Fredrick. We attended a sealing ceremony for their family in one of our temples on Saturday and it was beautiful.

To add a few personal touches I hand-embroidered Freddy's monogram on  the front of the quilt and sewed one of my custom labels on the back.


I think I say this every time I finish a quilt but this is one of my favorites so far. I'm a sucker for rainbow color schemes and I like how the squares are offset. Also, several of the fabrics I used came from my stash which was very satisfying in a way--it made me feel thrifty and like a legit quilter :) 


Labels: