Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Color Block Quilt


So I haven't made much progress on cleaning out my it-could-be-featured-on-Hoarders basement this summer but I did just finish sewing another baby quilt.  Because you know, PRIORITIES.

This is "The Color Block Quilt" from Allison Harris' book Growing Up Modern: 16 Quilt Projects for Babies & Kids. Allison runs the blog Cluck Cluck Sew which I really enjoy so I knew her book would be good (and it is!) 


I made this quilt for my good friend Kristin; her and her husband recently finalized their adoption of a sweet baby boy named Fredrick. We attended a sealing ceremony for their family in one of our temples on Saturday and it was beautiful.

To add a few personal touches I hand-embroidered Freddy's monogram on  the front of the quilt and sewed one of my custom labels on the back.


I think I say this every time I finish a quilt but this is one of my favorites so far. I'm a sucker for rainbow color schemes and I like how the squares are offset. Also, several of the fabrics I used came from my stash which was very satisfying in a way--it made me feel thrifty and like a legit quilter :) 


6 comments:

  1. Faith, I love your quilt! So unique and beautiful. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Asianmommy! It was fun to work on.

      Delete
  2. Pretty much you are awesome!! I love the backing and all of the cool fabric you used. Baby Freddy is lucky to have you as an "auntie".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the one who inspired me to start quilting so I'm pretty sure you get a bit of the credit too :)

      Delete
  3. This is so fun and colorful! I am always so impressed by your creations. I mean, a quilt must take so long to make. I haven't even a clue on what's involved, but I bet it's hard and requires focus and skill and patience. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia! What I lack in skill and focus I try to make up for it in patience ^_^

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails