Wee Wander Fabric and Quilt Patterns

It was great to receive this bundle of Wee Wander fabric I had ordered in the mail.  Mimi fell in love with it and walked around the house clutching the little bundles to her chest--so cute!  She kept asking if I was going to make her a blanket out of it and how can I resist that?  It's been almost a year since I've made a quilt so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm having trouble deciding what pattern to use.  I received a pdf of this lattice quilt pattern with the fat quarter bundle I bought and I like how I show off the prints but part of me feels like I'd like something with a little more room for creativity.

photo and quilt by Simple Girl 

I like this star quilt by Allison at Cluck Cluck Sew and I think it would be cute to fussy cut squares from the prints for the centers of the starts but I'm not really convinced that this is the fabric to make this quilt with.  

photo and star quilt by Cluck Cluck Sew

I think this pattern, Fussy Framed might be the answer.  I like that allows you to fussy cut the part of the print that you want to feature AND that you can cut out two blocks at once so it will go fairly quickly.  Kate's tutorial looks great and easy-to-follow.

photo and quilt by Kate Conklin

I have some boring sewing to take care of first (hemming curtains, bleh) but as soon as I get that out of the way I'm going to get started on Mimi's new twin-sized quilt!

Labels: