Mimi was enthralled with sparklers and had a wonderful time this year on the fourth of July.
We all had a great time shooting off fireworks with friends and neighbors, except for a brief heart-pounding incident. I lit a firework that was supposed to shoot several flaming balls into the air one after another but on the first shot the firework knocked itself on its side and then swung around shooting the balls out sideways. One of them shot into our neighbor's open garage and started a small fire, melting a model helicopter that was on a workbench! We put out the fire and no one got hurt but I felt badly about it. I'm not sure what happened; I had set the firework on a flat spot. Overall it was a fun and exciting evening.
Labels: holidays, Mimi, photos (favorite)