Spice Cabinet: Update 4

Yesterday was the last woodworking class until fall. I knew there was no way I'd be able to finish the spice cabinet in one night so I wasn't frantically racing around the shop trying which was actually nice. It was the most relaxing last-day-of-class I've had in a long time. But I still made some great progress.

The piece of mahogany for the rails and stiles (sides and top/bottom) of the cabinet door.

The rails and stiles cut to size. (I taped them together before cutting so they would be exactly the same length.)

This is how they will be put together. The panel of diamonds will go in the middle.

I used the router to cut the inside edges of the rails and stiles to create a groove for the panel to fit into and also for the rails and stiles to fit together at the corners.

A close up of the cut profile.

And lastly, me with my long-suffering instructor.

I'm sad that woodworking is over until the fall but it's nice to have more time to hang out with N during the summer months. And I have a list of projects to do around the house which should keep me plenty busy.

(Previous spice cabinet posts here: 1, 2, and 3.)


Labels: ,